Have your say, get involved in local policing

Have your say on topic's that might be affecting you and the Town

Moderators: Lynn_D, mstewart27

BASEL
Site Administrator

Have your say, get involved in local policing

Post by BASEL » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:05 pm

No one knows or understands what your community wants from its police service more than you do, so if you want to make a real difference to policing in your area, you could apply to join Ards District Policing Partnership (DPP).

DPPs are made up of local Councillors and ‘Independent Members' from the local community. The Policing Board is currently recruiting new Independent Members for Ards DPP. Its membership needs to reflect the local community and be as inclusive as possible so the Board is encouraging people of all ages and backgrounds to . consider joining Ards DPP.

Councillor Ronnie Ferguson, DPP Chairman, explained ‘In the last few years Ards DPP has been working hard on behalf of our local people, but there is still more to do to help make our communities safer. I would encourage local people to consider applying for the Ards DPP, particularly young people. DPPs talk to people from all sections of the community to find out what they really think about policing in their area. They pass on these views and concerns to the local police commander and use them to help develop policing priorities for the area. They also monitor police performance against these priorities. Put simply, DPPs empower local people to shape local policing.'

‘If you do not want to apply, but have a policing concern, come along to the next public meeting which will be held on Monday 28th January 2007 at 7.30pm in Newtownards Town Hall. Applying to join the DPP or coming to the meetings, are your opportunities to make a difference'. He added.

If you want to play a part in the life of your community and have a say on how that service is being delivered, then read on.................

DPPs were first established in each Council area in 2003. They represent the views and concerns of communities to Local Police District Commanders in respect of policing, They monitor progress made and ask questions on behalf of the community. DPPs have played a unique and significant role in building safer communities and empowering communities to help shape local policing. They are now viewed internationally as a model of good practice for local community involvement and oversight of policing.

The Board is anxious to increase the number of applications from women and young people in particular to help provide balance.

DPP Member application packs can be obtained, quoting ‘DPP/07' and indicating the Council area you wish to apply for, by visiting www.districtpolicing.com, Tel:028 9041 5200 (lines open 8am - 8pm, Monday - Friday), E-mail dpprecruitment@uk.pwc.com or writing to Executive Resourcing, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Waterfront Plaza, 8 Laganbank Road, Belfast BT1 3LR. Completed application forms must be returned no later than 5pm (GMT) on Friday 30th November 2007.

oke doke

Basel
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:00 pm

huh! and get burnt out after the first meeting?! ho ho me jokes (i think) face1
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light