Local Chippy

Have your say on topic's that might be affecting you and the Town

Moderators: Lynn_D, mstewart27

Homer

Local Chippy

Post by Homer » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:59 pm

Local Chippy

Local chip shop Katie's Plaice recently put up their prices by 30 pence on a sausage supper,

fish supper etc etc with less chips irony is pay more for less owner states price of

potatoes has risen by £3.00 per bag do you think £3.00 per bag warrants 30 p rise in

price of an supper. ? Its obvious the bags of potatoes he is purchasing are about

5 kg's in weight he should buy an 56 kg bag like every other chippy buys an not charge

the public an fortune. anyhow this chip shop charges you more money but his display

of the prices in the shop in the big over head illuminated sign has no increase in

prices is this legal. Anybody know if it is or not reply so every one can benefit

from your knowledge

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:13 am

i don't have an answer to your question Homer but on the subject of rip-off prices here's one for you or anyone reading this. i was up in the shopping centre couple weeks ago and was walking by Throntons with my wee man in tow. he wanted ice-cream so got one. one scoop cost £1.20 now that's i bit steep i thought but if any off you reading this have kids then you know how it goes sometimes so bought the cone. well was up again last week. same thing! wee voice says 'can i have an ice-cream please' so over we go to Thorntons, he's picking his ice-cream he wants and i see that for ONE scoop, that's ONE scoop of ice-cream is now £2.00. now how has it gone from £1.20 (which was dear nuff anyhow) to £2.00 in space of two weeks???!!! my maths is not great but that's sum jump %price wise NO??!! now if that's not a rip-off as well then i don't know what is. i hear on the news that price rises are to do with, gas,oil BLAH BLAH. well when did they start putting gas and oil into ice-cream??!! like say Homer can't answer your ? but thought i'd throw that one out there to mate>
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:24 pm

Ok this seems like a fair subject to debate, a 30p increase seems a bit intense for one serving (1 meal) if you where to buy for a family of 4 then that's a £1.20 increase and if you say the portions are getting small, which i believe they are because i have saw them for myself then that's just crazy for any business in this current climate!!
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Rossco wrote:i don't have an answer to your question Homer but on the subject of rip-off prices here's one for you or anyone reading this. i was up in the shopping centre couple weeks ago and was walking by Throntons with my wee man in tow. he wanted ice-cream so got one. one scoop cost £1.20 now that's i bit steep i thought but if any off you reading this have kids then you know how it goes sometimes so bought the cone. well was up again last week. same thing! wee voice says 'can i have an ice-cream please' so over we go to Thorntons, he's picking his ice-cream he wants and i see that for ONE scoop, that's ONE scoop of ice-cream is now £2.00. now how has it gone from £1.20 (which was dear nuff anyhow) to £2.00 in space of two weeks???!!! my maths is not great but that's sum jump %price wise NO??!! now if that's not a rip-off as well then i don't know what is. i hear on the news that price rises are to do with, gas,oil BLAH BLAH. well when did they start putting gas and oil into ice-cream??!! like say Homer can't answer your ? but thought i'd throw that one out there to mate>

Stop you bitching about your icecream :smiley_bigthumbup: :lol :smiley_dancingbanana:

But That's another valid point 80p 1 scoop 2 weeks, seems everyone is jumping on the oil wagon!!
Last edited by BASEL on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:42 pm

up yours buddy. go to BURGER KING you get tub for 99p. 'you got it' how you like them apples THORNTONS

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:13 pm

:lol

MasterSamWise
AKA The Thinker

Post by MasterSamWise » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:37 pm

i too frequent the above chippy, and i have also found his prices have gone up and his portions have gone down if ever so slightly, £5.00 for a fish and chips is well, i have no words to describe.

Although is his current prices in line with other local chippies in the area now there's the million dollar question and one it would be interesting to find out.

Untill then i will hold off from frequenting said chippy

MasterSamWise bron
We create our own reality

bert the flirt

Post by bert the flirt » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:33 pm

This is for the wee chippy in Ards that were rooting and peeling potatoes for.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D6a_3sIdDXE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D6a_3sIdDXE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bert :lol :smiley_dancingbanana: :zl
Last edited by bert the flirt on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Homer

Post by Homer » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Sat across the road with a (pair of binoculars lol)and noticed that the price of chips has

risen by 10 pence for both small and large portions on the overhead illuminated sign

but the price of the sausage and fish etc etc still remain unchanged when i went in for a

portion of chips
Homer

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:05 pm

bert the flirt wrote:This is for the wee chippy in Ards that were rooting and peeling potatoes for.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D6a_3sIdDXE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D6a_3sIdDXE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bert :lol :smiley_dancingbanana: :zl

:lol grin :Smiley_explode: I'm sure he will love it :smiley_bigthumbup: :lol

I bought that song for someone A Very Very long time ago!

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:06 pm

Homer wrote:Sat across the road with a (pair of binoculars lol)and noticed that the price of chips has

risen by 10 pence for both small and large portions on the overhead illuminated sign

but the price of the sausage and fish etc etc still remain unchanged when i went in for a

portion of chips
Homer

Stalker Stalker :ac :lol

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:13 pm

This Thread is taking on a life of it's own

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:56 pm

one word and that word is A*&%H*&*$. my ice-cream still has'nt down by the way. anyone have any songs about ice-cream?

:st :msw :e/jok

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:00 pm

sorry that was bit cheeky but couldn't resist ho ho. is it £5.00 for one fish supper right nuff? that a fact? cause i'll find out how much fish suppers are from other chippy in the town. have fat, lazy friends who love there chippy grub you see.

Homer

Post by Homer » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:46 pm

[align=center]a we tune for you rossco enjoy lol
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TSQfXwn953c&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TSQfXwn953c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/align]

Continues on page two
Last edited by Homer on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.