White van vs. Kid’s

Have your say on topic's that might be affecting you and the Town

Moderators: Lynn_D, mstewart27

bert the flirt

White van vs. Kid’s

Post by bert the flirt » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:22 pm

[align=center]White van vs. Kid’s [/align]

Hi was wondering if someone could help me with this.....i work with children and they like nothing better on a good day to go down to the square get a ice cream and run round an round chasing the pigeons [bad little tykes] anyway we were down this week sitting outside a cafe in the square when they asked could they play just in front of me every thing going well till suddenly a white van with resource printed on the side appeared driving up what i thought was first and foremost a pedestrian precinct F**k sake that van is not going to stop. I was horrified if I hadn’t shouted and ran over to stop the van the child would have been seriously hurt or more, the driver gave me an awful look as if it was my own fault. The van continued on to outside the Bank of Ireland then stopped, still watching the driver talking to him self about what he had just done you could see clearly the swearing he was doing. Surely there is a back entrance for deliveries to the Bank (or what is it just take the easy way out) although other shops,buisneses also do the same thing. Should this continue to happen in the Conway Square even the local police drive round unnecessarily when they can park at the entrance and walk?

Is their a time for deliveries i.e. 8 am to 9am every day does anyone know. ????

Are they other concerned parents who like myself is lulled into a false sense of security thinking that the square is a safe environment for children all reply’s ! Comments welcome …………Thanks

:1w bang1 :shock: :shock: b1 :please :zl :cl :zl :zl :please :please :please bang1
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:56 am

Wow what a first post!, i think to they do have a sign up that states what times deliveries can or cannot be allowed but i can't remember which.

will check it out the next time I'm down the town
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

bert the flirt

white van vs. kids

Post by bert the flirt » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:00 pm

Thanks Basil, just makes my blood boil........... bron bron bron bron
Last edited by bert the flirt on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:52 pm

Basil is an herb!!!!!!!!!!:thumb Basel is my name :smiley_bigthumbup: :lol

i think your new smilie should be hand1

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:05 pm

WAS DO WHAT I DO. IF YOU SEE A CAR COMING HIT IT A TAP ON THE DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW AND GIVE THE DRIVER A LOOK LIKE YOU WILL SLIT HIS THROAT IF HE DOESN'T STOP AND LET ME AND THE WEE MAN WALK BY. IT'S WORKED FOR ME EVERY TIME SO FAR ANYHOW. WAY I SEE IT I HAVE THE RIGHT NOT HIM. IF IT WAS THE ROAD HE HAS THE RIGHT. UNLESS IT'S AT A GREEN MAN AND HE'S OUT. hand1 b1 :mrgreen: :cool:
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Take your caps lock off its hurting my eyes lol
"Humanity is asleep, concerned only with what is useless, living in a wrong world....Do not prattle before the People of the Path, rather consume yourself. You have an inverted knowledge and religion if you are upside down in relation to Reality. Man is wrapping his net around himself. A lion (the man of the Way) bursts his cage asunder."

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:49 pm

NAH :po

Ronski
Ards Forum Reporter and Backbone

Post by Ronski » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:10 pm

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches..it's more like a jar of jalapeno's.

What you do today,might burn your arse tomorrow.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:31 pm

Interesting Ronski, on the ball as usual, so the only vehicles allowed are delivery and only between 9am and 11am so if its not a van or car dropping off stuff then they should not be there! and that includes the Police

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:42 pm

Well I know what to do next time I'm down the street and i car or van pulls up behind me when walking round the square and that is to walk real slllllllooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww i mean really slow like! till they get annoy and beep the horn then I can go up tap the window. when the driver rolls down the window I can let them know that they should not be there after 11am. Also maybe email Ards council about this subject let them know and what are they doing about it. Well they have a big f--k off camera up there do they not!!!!

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Passionate as always, an couple of emails to ards council might just be the TICKET that these people need to be given

bert the flirt

WHITE VAN Vs KIDS

Post by bert the flirt » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi everyone just a follow up to my last post concerning cars and whatever driving willy nilly round the square. I phoned Ards council today spoke to a very pleasant lady who informed me that the council was responsible for the middle of the square and the DOE (Department of environment) responsible for the outer perimeter of the square/pedestrian precinct she very kindly gave me the contact no for Ards DOE who directed me to the DOE in Downpatrick . I spoke to a very helpful gentleman by the name of Brendan who after listening very carefully informed me that he would be in touch with the powers that be and would definitely be back in touch with me so hears hoping guy’s

Watch this space Bert

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:39 pm

nice one :sm

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:43 am

SWEET :zz99

bert the flirt

Post by bert the flirt » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:22 pm

Car parking in the square is now out of hand but in speaking to Traffic Wardens in the square they agree, also they informed me that vehicles parked in the square is legal to the shop owners or council employees as long as they park within the square stainless steel studs in the 2 desinated areas they have to keep at least 3 wheels in the area so as not to get fined look at the picture below and see the studs at the rear of the van

Last edited by bert the flirt on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.