Broken Links

Share any information you may have to help other members find a little more about their past

Moderator: Ronski

Christopher

Broken Links

Post by Christopher » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:31 pm

If any members of this site spot broken links on threads on this board
could they send me a message so that I can delete the offending link
and have a look for a similar link

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Sorry amended By Basel, no offence as i have layed out the rules this morning in an other post, i will give you a chance to ammend all your other posts other ways they WILL be deleted

Although you have hidden the links by renaming them my original post still stands, you may provide the link so members may know where to go but you cannot provide a direct link to other sites that do not endorse ours its not friendly practice and i cannot allow it to happen:

Why not post the events here instead of providing a link to a PDF, i do not mind the posting of links on this site but this forum is not here to advertise other websites who do not advertise us, also when you provide a link to another website and our members click on that link the other site is affectively stealing the bandwidth on our servers which additionally costs more money and fees for ards forum.

As some of our users here are not that computer minded, opening, downloading, saving and reading of pdfs is not something that i would put them through so as you will see through out the forum excepts of information less than 2000 words (considered fair use of copyrighted material) is provided and then if a member wishes more information they can visit the site to read more, this way it saves on server costs.

Members cannot except me to pay all the server fees and then advertise all the other persons websites links for free when the other sites you link to do not do the same for us, or return the favour.

this post will be added to all posts that link to other sites so all are aware of the situation, and I’m sorry that I did not add it to the tiny rules section, but will do so when I return.

Please try and understand my position on this, as it is not directed at you but to everyone, but this situation just brings it into the open

Basel
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:45 pm

Sorry so lets tidy all the links matters up and continue on the right footing :st :crs :smiley_bigthumbup:
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk