Local Historical Societies.

Let's get together and piece together all of ards historical past, perhaps the historical society may get involed, so if you know any, get them on the forum incase it all gets lost in memory

Moderator: mstewart27

Christopher

Local Historical Societies.

Post by Christopher » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:17 am

These historical societies produce journals and books containing articles of local interest.

Ards Historical Society Contact Dick Ward 028 91 815063 This society covers the Newtownards Ares
Bangor Historical Society go to bangorhistoricalsocietyni.co.uk/
Comber Historical Society Contact Kathleen Coulter 028 91 872621
Greyabbey Historical Society Contact Bob Trayte 028 427 88263
Greyabbey Historical Society meets on a regular basis during winter months at Greyabbey Parish Hall.
Upper Ards Historical Society Contact Daryl Birkett 028 427 28230 This society covers the Portaderry area.
Lecale Historical Society Contact Colm Rooney 07773685131 go to lecalehistory.co.uk

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:55 am

I remember in days of olde, my father asked me to COPY this guys walk while walking to the paint shop to get some wallpaper PASTE, i think his moral to the story was we can all do it if we wanted.

But then that would not be original
"Humanity is asleep, concerned only with what is useless, living in a wrong world....Do not prattle before the People of the Path, rather consume yourself. You have an inverted knowledge and religion if you are upside down in relation to Reality. Man is wrapping his net around himself. A lion (the man of the Way) bursts his cage asunder."

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:15 pm

thats a bit cryptic, but i see where your coming from face1 :smiley_google: :wink2:
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:41 pm

Is it not the thought that counts?! Can be kinda sharcastic this site at times :cl :smiley_swoon:
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:23 am

Sorry i see your point now, i was kind of giggling at the remark, not being sarcastic in anyway but i thought this site was all about discussing issues but instead of late it's just been people trying to leave their mark and run off not discussing the post that have just been left, just as we are doing now

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:38 pm

Rossco wrote:Is it not the thought that counts?! Can be kinda sharcastic this site at times :cl :smiley_swoon:
And while where are at it you don't see the backend of this forum, so don't be a bitch away and :tissue: and order some :pizza man: :smiley_bigthumbup: :wink2: