What you make of this?

Let's get together and piece together all of ards historical past, perhaps the historical society may get involed, so if you know any, get them on the forum incase it all gets lost in memory

Moderator: mstewart27

Rossco
Roving Reporter

What you make of this?

Post by Rossco » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Right found this by chance while reading up on The flag of Northern Ireland and don't really know what to make of it to be honest but thought I'd stick it up here in the forum anyhow. Make of it what you will, not sure I do at the min but will try to look into it see if I can find any more stuff like it.

If anyone else does for that matter I would like to know. Cheers. Interesting read if nothing else.

http://www.the7thfire.com/queen_tephi/f ... lster.html
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:41 pm

I would say its not far from the truth, the last i looked into it, i found that my genetics lead me to believe i'm from the lost tribe of Dan
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:15 am

aye dan dare the space man :du :peace :ft :band :danc muffin

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:01 am

Desperate Dan you Mean

Lol, seen we got censored over on the DI forum :danc muffin :pizza man: Rock band
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Homer

Post by Homer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:52 pm

AS REGARDS THE TRUE ORIGINS OF THE ULSTER FLAG .. I WOULD TAKE THE EXPLANATION OF THAT WEBSITE (THE 7TH FIRE ) WITH A PINCH OF SALT .. THERE ARE PLENTY OF SITES WHICH CLAIM TO KNOW THE ORIGINS OF OUR "BELOVED FLAG ".. IT IS SOMETIMES KNOWN AS THE Government of Northern Ireland Flag (or 'ULSTER FLAG', OR "THE RED HAND OF ULSTER" as we like to call it... ) -( it embodies the six counties) WHICH COMPRISES OF FERMANAGH ,ANTRIM ,TYRONE, LONDONDERRY, ARMAGH & CO.DOWN. ( THE COUNTIES ARE REKNOWN BY THE ABBEVIATION F.A.T. L.A.D.)...THE CROWN IS SELF EXPLANITORY( ALLEGIENCE TO THE CROWN & LOYALITY), THE RED HAND IS A STORY OF The strangest victory in all history!

Heremon O'Neill racing a rival chieftain for possession of Ireland became the first man to touch its soil by cutting off his own hand and hurling it ashore!

His sacrifice made Heremon the first king of Ulster! 1015 B.C.

THE 6 POINTED STAR OR "STAR OF DAVID " I THINK HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH ULSTER'S SOLIDARITY WITH ISRAEL .. I WOULDN'T READ TO MUCH INTO THE BIBLICAL HISTORY AS THIS IS A FAIRLY RECENT FLAG ( AS FLAGS GO ) , BUT IT IS ONE THAT WE HAVE ALL COME TO KNOW,LOVE AND CHERISH..It's Description: This flag is based upon the St. George's Cross and has similarities to the Province of Ulster Flag. However this particular flag of Northern Ireland is seen as staunchly Loyalist because of the Crown, the Star of David, and the Red Hand of Ulster. A number of other flags were based upon this.

All right, brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's just get me through this, and I can get back to killing you with beer

Matt Groening - 1954 The Simpsons

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:29 pm

THE 6 POINTED STAR OR "STAR OF DAVID " I THINK HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH ULSTER'S SOLIDARITY WITH ISRAEL ..

that's the bit that I find strange. Know about how the hand is on the flag and the crown...taught that in school. but never had the star explained to me. I've been looking into it and will continue to do so!