how does everyone feel about the cct cameras going live

Have your say on topic's that might be affecting you and the Town

Moderators: Lynn_D, mstewart27

MasterSamWise
AKA The Thinker

how does everyone feel about the cct cameras going live

Post by MasterSamWise » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:24 am

I was going to pull a moony at one yesterday but decided in my infinite wisdom to refrain bron :jf as my backside is copyrighted :lol :crs face1

Boy it is lonely in this big forum all alone boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :y

I could go for a :F at the huntsman or maybe a :w and see if there is a :band on but there is a cat1 my window and it is :y me out so i think i will stay in and have a tea but even thats scarey so i think i will go and zz99 and retire to bed gracefully or maybe i could sneak in a :ras who knows as someone told me the world is a orange

:1w for now

MasterSamWise

:ra
We create our own reality

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:10 am

aye ur good at the auld zz99 rite nuff sunshine.......as to the answer to Ur ? about the camera! load of the brown stuff it is, NO NEED. i reckon it's for some sad sack to perv on the women of ards on a sunny day (what's that???) :!: check it out if we get a good day. bet you anything it moves from looking at the road to looking at the birds (and i don't mean the flying rats that live on top of the job centre) WHO ME :?: :!: :?: :!: Here's a :idea: why not get a catapult and take the Fokker out! give the youth of Ards something to do since we've no youth centre's cause the council's no money to build one..........but they can somehow cough up sum dough 4 this Orwellian toy.................as the boy McMillan says 'the games not straight'

MasterSamWise
AKA The Thinker

Post by MasterSamWise » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:35 am

Rossco wrote:aye ur good at the auld smile 15 rite nuff sunshine.......as to the answer to Ur ? about the camera! load of the brown stuff it is, NO NEED. i reckon it's for some sad sack to perv on the women of ards on a sunny day (what's that???) :!: check it out if we get a good day. bet you anything it moves from looking at the road to looking at the birds (and i don't mean the flying rats that live on top of the job centre) WHO ME :?: :!: :?: :!: Here's a :idea: why not get a catapult and take the Fokker out! give the youth of Ards something to do since we've no youth centre's cause the council's no money to build one..........but they can somehow cough up sum dough 4 this Orwellian toy.................as the boy McMillan says 'the games not straight'

What i do in my zz99 time is no concern of yours thank you very much, i Challenge you to a :du you sir, Conway Square 4pm friday and bring the catapults for some sound target practise afterwards!! if you are still alive that is :pa they will not be spying long on our BIRDS
We create our own reality

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:12 pm

i was going to move this tread to idle banter, but decided it does have some valid points and i like the humor, however strange lol

Basel :zz99
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

bert the flirt

Post by bert the flirt » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi everyone was just checking the posts and came across this one cct cameras....well iv been down at the square loads of times especially in the summer with the kids and can i tell you:s iv yet to see it move....im one of the ones that want to see it doing its supposed job and clear that square of all the traffic.....but then mab:ye that would be toooooo much paperwork and hassel......just my thought for the dayxx
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

cyberjack
Mr Buckfast

About dem cameras....

Post by cyberjack » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:49 pm

council

CCTV FINDS MISSING PERSON
CCTV cameras in Newtownards were used to find a missing person in the town centre last week - in 6 minutes.
Staff in the CCTV monitoring suite were able to spot an elderly gentleman who had been reported missing to the police, just 6 minutes after receiving notification and a description from the PSNI.
The contribution of the camera system to helping with wider public safety issues has been highlighted by the Chairman of the Ards Community Safety Partnership, Councillor David Smyth:
"We associate CCTV with detecting and preventing crime, but this latest incident shows clearly that the system has a broader use and can make a very valuable and speedy contribution in helping with other safety issues," he said. "This story, coupled with the figures which show that CCTV locally is playing a part in decreasing town centre crime, should inspire confidence in the public that the system is working, and working well".
Six CCTV cameras were installed in Newtownards in September 2007, following a successful bid for funding from central government by Ards Borough Council in partnership with the local Community Safety Partnership, District Policing Partnership and the police. Ards Borough Council funds the operational costs of the system.

LOOKS LIKE THE CAMERAS ARE WORKING FINE ... b1 b1 b1
.....just because you are paranoid does'nt mean that no-one is following you !...

bert the flirt

Post by bert the flirt » Fri May 01, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi cyberjack Well im glad to see that the cameras are doing some sort of job....personaly i dont think they are used to the full potentual(dont think that spelled right) any way my beef is and will always be THE SQUARE how many ccts is there, and cars still sail round there, sometimes like a race track ,still drive round to the irish bank use the atm; drive in sit in their cars eat their lunch; use it as a car park i have even seen it being used as a short cut from the zebra crossing at the post office over the foot path into the square drive down into high street........Well please can someone tell me how the ccts in the square are missing all of this bearing in mind this is supposed to be a pedestrian precinct with only a few hours alotted in the mornings for deliveries....... :cl1 :cl1 :cl1 :cl1
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Homer

Post by Homer » Fri May 01, 2009 10:10 pm

[font=Verdana]I too have seen the cars flying round the square but the best one was a police car sitting on the pedestrian precinct with two police officers chomping and licking ice cream cones, what chance have you got as other motorists see this and take it as a ok to do the same [/font]

face1 face1 b1 b1 drunck 1 drunck 1 b1 drunck 1 drunck 1 face1 face1 face1 face1 :shock: :shock: :shock: Eye  on you Eye  on you :wme :wme :we :we :we :we
All right, brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's just get me through this, and I can get back to killing you with beer

Matt Groening - 1954 The Simpsons

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Sat May 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Homer wrote:[font=Verdana]I too have seen the cars flying round the square but the best one was a police car sitting on the pedestrian precinct with two police officers chomping and licking ice cream cones, what chance have you got as other motorists see this and take it as a ok to do the same [/font]

face1 face1 b1 b1 drunck 1 drunck 1 b1 drunck 1 drunck 1 face1 face1 face1 face1 :shock: :shock: :shock: Eye  on you Eye  on you :wme :wme :we :we :we :we

Photographs photographs
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Homer

Post by Homer » Sun May 03, 2009 11:20 pm

My self as a motorist find that a few of them are just pointing towards the sky ?? i wonder why.

Can anyone explain ????
All right, brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's just get me through this, and I can get back to killing you with beer

Matt Groening - 1954 The Simpsons