Share your news storys
Ronski
Ards Forum Reporter and Backbone

Ban Spartacus orgy filth, says DUP MLA

Post by Ronski » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:56 pm

SOURCE BELFAST TELEGRAPH
Thursday, 4 March 2010

A DUP MLA has called for a controversial TV series featuring extreme violence and explicit sex scenes to be banned from UK TV.

Spartacus, which is based on the world of gladiators in the Roman Empire, is so rude that campaigners are trying to block it from British screens.

The TV series features full-frontal nudity, extreme violence and explicit scenes of orgies.

Last night DUP Assembly Member Mervyn Storey added his voice to calls for the series to be banned in the UK.

“We have been fast going beyond the realms of taste and this series will further plunge us into the abyss,� he said.

“I have grave concerns about the content of much of our TV viewing, and this is something which I believe should not be on our airwaves.�

MediaWatch UK, the lobby group campaigning for higher standards in broadcasting, believes Spartacus should not be broadcast, even late at night.

“We can no longer ignore the fact that what viewers see on television has an impact on society,� said director Vivienne Pattison.

The series pulled in more than a million viewers in America, and has already been snapped up by Australian, Canadian and Dutch networks.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHxn8mTpAJU&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHxn8mTpAJU&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comments

Why doesn't Mervyn Storey wise up? If he doesn't like it then don't watch it. I for one can't wait. I'll tape it for you, Mervyn.

Its not that he needs to wise up, its the people of this country who vote for the likes of him , need to wise up.

Get a life. Most of us would like to see the DUP banned instead of Spartacus.

What kind of amateurish reporting is this....'is so rude that campaigners are trying to block it'...? and as for the Ban Everything Brigade.....grow up! I am concerned however that if I watch this programme I might want to be a Gladiator when I grow up; (I am only 42) so thanks, Mediawatch! I really must stop laughing and go to work!

Thanks Mervyn- i wasn't aware of the programme but will be sure to watch out for it and tune in- can't wait.

Bananas. We're fast losing the right to think for ourselves and exercise our own judgement. Filth it may be but all things are relative and no-one, not even self-appointed 'taste tsars' such as Mr Storey can claim to speak for everyone.

Can the Bible Bashers allow me to exercise my own judgement. This is not a theocracy it is a democracy. I want to choose what I watch, and I certainly do not want the DUP deciding what I watch.
Look to your own leave the rest of us to make grown up decisions. My morality is my business

well mervin ....have you heard tell of the remote control? i'd like to tell you what you can do with it......if you press the wee buttons you can CHOOSE the channel and programe you wish to watch......its called FREE WILL! would you like to take this away from us?????

Mervyn, which do you think is worse, committing adultery whilst criticising others about their sexual preferences, or watching a programme which includes a bit of sex and violence (which I believe occurred in the time period in question) within the privacy of your home?

If one wishes to go beyond '' the realms of taste '' and to avoid a '' further plunge.....into the abyss,'' just tune into the BBC's '' Stormont Live '' the cockpit of banality, boredom and bunkum.

Why do we need more violence on tv? Do we not have enough in real life? Just wondering about the state of mind of those who are in favour of this series.

Thanks Merv, I shall await this series with baited breath and perhaps even think of you at some of the more explicit moments mmmm

Censorship for sex when violence was the order of the day by loyalist extremist thugs and their counter parts in the republican camp? How two faced can one become!

There certainly seems to be a huge generation gap going by the former comments on this issue. Suffice it is to say that anything goes these days -there is no moral compass any more let alone morals. Young people are so obsessed about sex and violence that we oldies may as well put our feet up and let this totally amoral young generation wallow in their degradation. Society has reached an all time low when 10 year olds who are subject to this sort of exposure can go on to muder other children.

As for Mervyn, doesn't his TV have an off switch? Mine does, I use it every time the DUP comes on.

I for one am fed up being lectured to by people with a redneck track record like Storey

Its obviously something else Kate. I as a 10 year old watched Schwarzenegger and Van Damme films and haven't ever been violent to anyone. I knew the difference between right and wrong, and that things on screen are fiction, not real.

Spartacus should be banned... Not because of the sex and violence... But because it is one of the worst things I have had the misfortune to watch. Weak script and even weaker acting. Complete waste of time

is it only a select few who can make comments recently or can anyone join in?

:1w b1 b1 b1 :1w :1w face1 face1 b1 b1 :1w :1w drunck 1 drunck 1 drunck 1 face1 face1 :1w
"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches..it's more like a jar of jalapeno's.

What you do today,might burn your arse tomorrow.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:06 pm

This country is ful of bed wetters for fucks sake
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Ronski
Ards Forum Reporter and Backbone

Re: Ban Spartacus orgy filth, says DUP MLA

Post by Ronski » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:36 am

Ronski wrote:

SOURCE BELFAST TELEGRAPH
Thursday, 4 March 2010

A DUP MLA has called for a controversial TV series featuring extreme violence and explicit sex scenes to be banned from UK TV.

Spartacus, which is based on the world of gladiators in the Roman Empire, is so rude that campaigners are trying to block it from British screens.

The TV series features full-frontal nudity, extreme violence and explicit scenes of orgies.

Last night DUP Assembly Member Mervyn Storey added his voice to calls for the series to be banned in the UK.

“We have been fast going beyond the realms of taste and this series will further plunge us into the abyss,� he said.

“I have grave concerns about the content of much of our TV viewing, and this is something which I believe should not be on our airwaves.�

MediaWatch UK, the lobby group campaigning for higher standards in broadcasting, believes Spartacus should not be broadcast, even late at night.

“We can no longer ignore the fact that what viewers see on television has an impact on society,� said director Vivienne Pattison.

The series pulled in more than a million viewers in America, and has already been snapped up by Australian, Canadian and Dutch networks.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHxn8mTpAJU&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHxn8mTpAJU&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comments

Why doesn't Mervyn Storey wise up? If he doesn't like it then don't watch it. I for one can't wait. I'll tape it for you, Mervyn.

Its not that he needs to wise up, its the people of this country who vote for the likes of him , need to wise up.

Get a life. Most of us would like to see the DUP banned instead of Spartacus.

What kind of amateurish reporting is this....'is so rude that campaigners are trying to block it'...? and as for the Ban Everything Brigade.....grow up! I am concerned however that if I watch this programme I might want to be a Gladiator when I grow up; (I am only 42) so thanks, Mediawatch! I really must stop laughing and go to work!

Thanks Mervyn- i wasn't aware of the programme but will be sure to watch out for it and tune in- can't wait.

Bananas. We're fast losing the right to think for ourselves and exercise our own judgement. Filth it may be but all things are relative and no-one, not even self-appointed 'taste tsars' such as Mr Storey can claim to speak for everyone.

Can the Bible Bashers allow me to exercise my own judgement. This is not a theocracy it is a democracy. I want to choose what I watch, and I certainly do not want the DUP deciding what I watch.
Look to your own leave the rest of us to make grown up decisions. My morality is my business

well mervin ....have you heard tell of the remote control? i'd like to tell you what you can do with it......if you press the wee buttons you can CHOOSE the channel and programe you wish to watch......its called FREE WILL! would you like to take this away from us?????

Mervyn, which do you think is worse, committing adultery whilst criticising others about their sexual preferences, or watching a programme which includes a bit of sex and violence (which I believe occurred in the time period in question) within the privacy of your home?

If one wishes to go beyond '' the realms of taste '' and to avoid a '' further plunge.....into the abyss,'' just tune into the BBC's '' Stormont Live '' the cockpit of banality, boredom and bunkum.

Why do we need more violence on tv? Do we not have enough in real life? Just wondering about the state of mind of those who are in favour of this series.

Thanks Merv, I shall await this series with baited breath and perhaps even think of you at some of the more explicit moments mmmm

Censorship for sex when violence was the order of the day by loyalist extremist thugs and their counter parts in the republican camp? How two faced can one become!

There certainly seems to be a huge generation gap going by the former comments on this issue. Suffice it is to say that anything goes these days -there is no moral compass any more let alone morals. Young people are so obsessed about sex and violence that we oldies may as well put our feet up and let this totally amoral young generation wallow in their degradation. Society has reached an all time low when 10 year olds who are subject to this sort of exposure can go on to muder other children.

As for Mervyn, doesn't his TV have an off switch? Mine does, I use it every time the DUP comes on.

I for one am fed up being lectured to by people with a redneck track record like Storey

Its obviously something else Kate. I as a 10 year old watched Schwarzenegger and Van Damme films and haven't ever been violent to anyone. I knew the difference between right and wrong, and that things on screen are fiction, not real.

Spartacus should be banned... Not because of the sex and violence... But because it is one of the worst things I have had the misfortune to watch. Weak script and even weaker acting. Complete waste of time

is it only a select few who can make comments recently or can anyone join in?

:1w b1 b1 b1 :1w :1w face1 face1 b1 b1 :1w :1w drunck 1 drunck 1 drunck 1 face1 face1 :1w
I didn't see the scandal with the True Blood series on the telly and it's close to the bone i see and i cant wait until Sparticus come's out

:1w :1w face1 face1 drunck 1 drunck 1 b1 b1 :1w :1w :m :1w
"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches..it's more like a jar of jalapeno's.

What you do today,might burn your arse tomorrow.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:41 am

To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk