Pope not coming to Northern Ireland/ULSTER

Post by Ronski » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:41 am

Pope confirms UK visit but won’t be coming to Northern Ireland

Pope confirms UK visit but won’t be coming to Northern Ireland

Belfast Telegraph

By John Cooney
Tuesday, 2 February 2010

The Pope has confirmed he is to visit Britain

Pope Benedict is to visit the UK in September in the first papal visit to England, Wales and Scotland in more than a quarter of a century — although Northern Ireland will not be on the itinerary.

However, Irish church sources still hope Pope Benedict will visit both Northern Ireland and attend the International Eucharistic Congress in Dublin in 2012, some 33 years after Pope John Paul's historic visit to the Republic.

In a speech to bishops from England and Wales assembled yesterday in Rome, Pope Benedict said he looked forward to witnessing at first hand the faith of Catholics in England and Wales during “my forthcoming Apostolic visit to Great Britain�.

It was the first time the Pope had publicly confirmed the trip previously announced by Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

Although the German Pontiff did not give a date, Church officials said it is expected to take place in September and will include a visit to Edinburgh and Glasgow, Scotland has its own Catholic bishops conference independent of England and Wales.

Last night Cardinal Seán Brady, Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland, welcomed the announcement of the visit to England and Wales, but omitted to refer to Scotland.

“I wish to convey my best wishes to the bishops, priests and lay faithful of England and Wales on the wonderful news announced today concerning the forthcoming visit of Pope Benedict to our nearest neighbours,� said Cardinal Brady, who did not draw attention to the absence of Northern Ireland in the 2010 papal itinerary.

Instead, Cardinal Brady and the other Irish bishops have been summoned, sackcloth and ashes, to a meeting with Pope Benedict in Rome on February 15 and 16 ahead of the publication of the Pope's special Lenten letter on the fall-out from the paedophile scandals in Ireland and elsewhere.

In his speech to English and Welsh bishops yesterday, the pope attacked the planned Equity Bill, currently being debated by the House of Lords, which the UK Churches fear may strip them of their current right to turn down applicants for jobs if they are actively homosexual or have changed their gender.

Good Comment's only

Comment - suppose he could not face the protests planned about sex offences committed by irish priests within ireland, also the other offences by seventy irish priests in america, which have just surfaced.

:1w face1 face1 face1 face1 face1 face1 b1 b1 :1w :1w :1w :1w :1w face1 face1 face1
"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches..it's more like a jar of jalapeno's.

What you do today,might burn your arse tomorrow.

Ronski
Ards Forum Reporter and Backbone

Post by Ronski » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:08 am

Comment -

It is a relief that the Pope will not be visiting Northern Ireland, the political situation here is too delicate at the moment, and this would just fuel the flames.

I imagine he will receive a frosty reception on the mainland because of his comments over the much needed equality bill, his known xenophobia and homophobia.

Comment-

The Pope claims to be "another Christ on earth" which doesn't exactly endear him to those of us who believe the word of Him who warned "Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, 'I am Christ' and shall deceive many." (Matthew 24:4-5) Manybe someone could talk to him and say: "Thank you, but no thank you."
"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches..it's more like a jar of jalapeno's.

asma

Post by asma » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:29 am

Maybe he dose not want to be in competition with our own devil dodgers.

asma.

Ronski

Post by Ronski » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:27 pm

R u one of those Devil Dodger's lol, i think the pope should come and face the music lol face1 face1 :1w b1 face1 face1

asma

Post by asma » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:28 am

Ronski wrote:R u one of those Devil Dodger's lol, i think the pope should come and face the music lol face1 face1 :1w b1 face1 face1

Thankfully not, religion it would seem is something that rouges and swindlers hide behind and we should beware of those who like to drag it into everything.
detras de la cruz esta el diablo. ( Behind the cross stands the devil )

asma.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:22 am

:lol and i refuse the right to comment on the grounds that it might incriminate me, sectarian statements discouraged, you know, in a nice way :lol
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

asma

Post by asma » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:37 pm

I fail to see how you would be incriminating yourself by giving reasons for disagreeing and maybe explain how my post was sectarian, considering that Ulster would not be Ulster if it were not for the likes of Dr. No and his P. O’Neil companions on the hill.

asma.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:09 pm

i was joking, you know, plead the 5th
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Ronski

Post by Ronski » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:51 am

Has this thread gone yanky now lol, its good to see another input into the forum, :thumb :thumb :lol