Madeleine McCann

What the media are not saying
MasterSamWise
AKA The Thinker

Madeleine McCann

Post by MasterSamWise » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:29 pm

Now anyone that know's me will tell you that i spend far to much time trawling through the pages of the internet looking for interesting things that i can lose a few hours in, but when i found this i was horrified, and not in the usual way i may add!!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452623/

Gone Baby Gone (2007)

Film bosses have pulled the release of a Ben Affleck film about the disappearance of a four-year-old girl because of similarities to the Madeleine McCann case.

Gone Baby Gone was meant to arrive in UK cinemas on December 28, but has now been postponed indefinitely by its distributor, Buena Vista International. A gala screening of the movie at next month's London Film Festival, which Affleck, 35, was meant to attend, has been cancelled.

Gone Baby Gone centres on two private detectives assisting the investigation into the missing child and stars Oscar winner Morgan Freeman and Affleck's brother Casey.

Film companies said the movie was filmed last year, before Madeleine went missing in Portugal.

Buena Vista and its subsidiary Miramax released a statement, saying: "Gone Baby Gone is based on the 1998 fictional book of the same name by award-winning author Dennis Lehane and was filmed in the US during 2006.

"Miramax Films and BVI UK are sensitive to the depth of feeling surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. We have been closely following the case and have decided to delay the release of the film in the UK."

The actress playing the role, Madeline O'Brien, not only shares her first name with Madeleine McCann, but is said to bear a resemblance to her.

At the Deauville Film Festival in France earlier this month, Affleck said he was prepared to take steps to delay the release of Gone Baby Gone.

"We are acutely aware of the situation," he said at the time.

"We have a greater concern for that than the release of our film, which is just a commercial matter, whereas this is a matter of life and death. It is only when someone said there was this case that was very similar to my film that we looked it up. We don't want to release the movie if it is going to touch a nerve or inflame anybody's sensitivities."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452623/

Ok so they decided to make a film, but that is not the horrifing part this is

Madeline O'Brien

Madeleine McCann

Scarey biscuits, the plot thickins, and i'm sorry to say but i believe that the parents of young Madeleine McCann MUST be held responsibile

MasterSamWise hand1 bron

And strange or not the film has another M M connection
Every once in a while, amid the dross that reviewers have to sit through, comes a movie that hits like a sucker punch to the gut and haunts you long after you've left the theater. Such is the case with Gone Baby Gone.

Based on the book by Dennis Lehane (Mystic River), Gone Baby Gone marks the directorial debut of Ben Affleck, who also penned the screenplay in tandem with Aaron Stockard, and easily puts him at the front of the line for Oscar contention.

Casey Affleck and Michelle Monaghan star as a pair of private investigators based in the rough working class Dorchester district of Boston. The two are hired by the family of a missing four-year-old girl to assist the police investigation because of their street connections and ability to get people to talk who otherwise would never open up to a cop. As they navigate through the neighborhood's seamy underbelly of pimps, drug dealers and crack whores they uncover an ever-expanding mystery that takes on the added dimension of provoking the question of just what is right and what is wrong, firmly pitting both story and viewer in a struggle between situational ethics and moral absolutes.

Morgan Freeman and Ed Harris round out an impressive cast, but it's the younger Affleck who takes this movie on his back and runs with it, easily surpassing his director brother in terms of acting breadth and range. This is no slight to Ben, however. It's been a long time since I was this impressed with a directorial debut, and even longer since I was given cause to reflect upon the values that we hold dear as individuals and a society, and the moral foundations upon which they are based. Gone Baby Gone manages both, and wraps it up in a hard-hitting detective story that serves as much to satisfy the baser urges of bar fights and gun play, as it does tackling bigger issues.

It's also one of those rare movies in which it can easily be said that the less you know about the story going in, the richer the experience. There's no clear twist ending to give away, but rather a layered story that unfolds like a Russian stacking doll with a moral dilemma at its core.

One thing I do feel comfortable revealing, however, is that this movie comes about as close as any can to being a bonafide lock come Academy Award time. Congrats Ben, you may well have redeemed yourself from your J-Lo/Gigli reputation at last.

Nightmare
We create our own reality

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:32 pm

Well Well Well

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthre ... 2&page=169

Interesting read

Basel
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Zara

Post by Zara » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:22 pm

wow its scary how much she looks like Maddy

i'm sorry but i dissagre with you, yes the parents to have some responceablity to do with Maddy's dssappearence but to blame them isn't fair they thought they were doing wat was right at the time and i'm sure many parents would have done somthing that seemed right at the time but turned out it wasn't fair enough these didn't result in a childs disapearnce but it still seems unfair to blame them. after all they have suffered for what they done a million times over by now. for the past 6 months they have been with out there beautifull daughter. thats punishment enough never mind the nation even the world blaming htem saying its all there fault.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:53 am

A fair and valid point zara, thanks

Basel

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

MasterSamWise
AKA The Thinker

Post by MasterSamWise » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:17 pm

Zara wrote:wow its scary how much she looks like Maddy

i'm sorry but i dissagre with you, yes the parents to have some responceablity to do with Maddy's dssappearence but to blame them isn't fair they thought they were doing wat was right at the time and i'm sure many parents would have done somthing that seemed right at the time but turned out it wasn't fair enough these didn't result in a childs disapearnce but it still seems unfair to blame them. after all they have suffered for what they done a million times over by now. for the past 6 months they have been with out there beautifull daughter. thats punishment enough never mind the nation even the world blaming htem saying its all there fault.

Yes, zara i hear what you are saying, BUT, we have to try and look at this case in perspective. I totally understand what they must be going through, but what if it had been someone from an estate here in newtownards, then i feel it would of been a different story completely, sociial services would of made a field day with them and probabally of taken the two younger children into care and run the parents through the court system, thats what would of happened if it had of been you or me.

As soon as they had the audience with the pope i knew they would not be touched, but again if that had of been you or me Could we have got an audience with him.

There is just something about this case that dos'.nt ring true!! and i doubt we will ever know all the facts.

Do you also know the 77,000 children go missing in the UK every year, and how many of them got the attention the mccanns got, right from the very start there has been a cover-up in operation.

Sorry just my views

MasterSamWise

Zara

Post by Zara » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:34 pm

and i respect your veiws and it is a very good point but i don't know i just feel it in my bones that Maddy is still alive and is living with an North African woman and doing ok i don't know y i think this but i do which is why i can't blame the parents for this and yes ur right if it was u or me then social servies would have had a feild day and so would every police man in hte country and we wouldn't get an addience with the pope. but the McCann's done the best thing the could get their Daughters profile out as far and big as they could which is why they got the addience with the pope why the twins havn't been taken off them because they want their daughter found

my spuds are boiling

Post by my spuds are boiling » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:18 pm

i think they had something to do with it as well
when the going gets hot i shout aloud

"oh oh my spuds are boiling"

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:12 pm

By Sky News SkyNews - 15 minutes ago

A film could be made about Madeleine McCann's disappearance after talks with a major entertainment company.

Her parents are considering giving permission for IMG to make a movie or documentary.

Their spokesman confirmed to Sky News Online that a meeting with the firm took place last month.

But he said Gerry and Kate McCann did not attend and stressed nothing has yet been agreed.

Clarence Mitchell said a film would only be considered if the McCanns believed it would help raise awareness of the case or help fund the private search for Madeleine.

IMG, the firm behind the award-winning drama-documentary Touching The Void, made the initial approach, it is thought.

The resulting meeting in mid-December discussed the possibility of making the story of four-year-old Madeleine into either a film or a TV drama.

Mr and Mrs McCann were aware of the meeting but did not attend in person.

Instead, Mr Mitchell and another representative of the McCanns met IMG at the firm's London offices.

The spokesman said: "We have only had one discussion with IMG. It may or may not happen.

"If we feel any particular proposal in the media has validity in helping us find Madeleine, we are happy to discuss it."

Mr Mitchell said it was just one of many approaches that have been made by media companies over the missing girl, who vanished from her family's holiday apartment in Portugal in May.

In a statement, Darlow Smithson Productions, a production company owned by IMG, said: "Darlow Smithson had a preliminary meeting with representatives of the McCanns about the possibility of an observational documentary following the ongoing search for Madeleine.

"Discussions are still at a very early stage and the issue of money has never been raised."

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:06 pm

wrong all round. poor wee girl is all i can. not much but what else can be said.
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:10 pm

p.s. the McCanns need to pay their house off since they can't dip into the appeal funds for help anymore! :hot
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:34 pm

Another interesting article:

Madeleine's parents win libel damages

By Peter Griffiths Reuters - Wednesday, March 19 11:33 am

LONDON (Reuters) - Two tabloid newspapers made unprecedented front page apologies on Wednesday to the parents of missing girl Madeleine McCann for suggesting they might have killed their daughter and covered up her death.

The Daily Express and Daily Star admitted the allegations against Kate and Gerry McCann, whose daughter went missing on holiday in Portugal last May, were "baseless" and agreed in court to pay 550,000 pounds in libel damages.

Madeleine's disappearance prompted intense international media coverage.

"We accept that a number of articles in the newspaper have suggested that the couple caused the death of their missing daughter Madeleine and then covered it up," the Daily Express said.

"We acknowledge that there is no evidence whatsoever to support this theory and that Kate and Gerry are completely innocent of any involvement in their daughter's disappearance."

At a High Court hearing London, the McCanns' lawyer Adam Tudor said it was "difficult to conceive a more serious allegation than to be falsely accused of being responsible for the death of one's daughter."

He told the court that the articles included a variety of false claims, including that the McCanns killed their daughter, sold her to pay off debts or were involved in "wife-swapping".

A lawyer for the newspapers told the court: "Express Newspapers regrets publishing these extremely serious, yet baseless, allegations." The Sunday Express and the Daily Star Sunday are also expected to apologise in issues this weekend.

The McCanns hired the London media law firm Carter-Ruck earlier this month to sue for libel. The McCanns said the damages awarded would be donated to the fund set up to find their daughter. Their spokesman said the family had not yet decided whether to take action against other newspapers.

Madeleine McCann disappeared shortly before her fourth birthday while on a family holiday in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz, prompting a huge police investigation.

The McCanns believe she was abducted from their holiday apartment while they were dining with friends nearby.

They hired private investigators to help find their daughter after Portuguese police named them as suspects in September. The investigation dominated newspapers and TV bulletins for months.

Roy Greenslade, professor of journalism at City University London, said the apology was unprecedented and that it was significant the newspapers had settled out of court.

"It shows just how culpable they were that they didn't even try to fight the action in court," he told BBC radio.

Despite a string of reported possible sightings from Morocco to Spain to France to Malta, Madeleine is still missing.

(Additional reporting by Kate Kelland; editing by Paul Casciato)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080319/ ... 6b408.html

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:28 am

Rossco wrote:wrong all round. poor wee girl is all i can. not much but what else can be said.

I Feel exactly the same way, but something in the eyes of both parents just freaked me out, and i do hope they find her :please , but again my heart tells me otherwise

:-( :cl

For Maddy :cl1

MasterSamWise
AKA The Thinker

Post by MasterSamWise » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:14 pm

A interesting time line of news events in the case

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fc/archive/mad ... ccann.html

MasterSamWise :-(

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Sun May 11, 2008 9:32 am

Madeleine McCann: Inside The Flat, New Clues And Bad Parents

Image- Anorak’s at-a-glance guide to press coverage of Madeleine McCann

NEWS OF THE WORLD (front page): “MADDIE�

More?

“WORLD EXCLUSIVE: FIRST PICTURES INSIDE FLAT�

“Maddie’s bedroom�; “front door� – the flat from Madeleine McCann supposedly went missing is for hire, and the NOTW has been to look it over.

Has the NOTW turned into a holiday brochure, got into the timeshare game?

Now the rest of the flat has been redecorated and is ready to welcome more holidaying families to Portugal.

Can the flat be rented by the minute, and because of its history does it come with a surcharge? For now, the paper wants to show readers “How fiend could have kept out of sight�.

Our detailed survey of the flat reveals a host of places Maddie’s abductor could have hidden when it’s most likely he was almost caught in the act by dad Gerry as he checked on her and twins, Sean and Amelie, at 9.05pm on May 3 last year…

Details. You have noted the door and the bedroom. Now look at the inside of a “WARDROBE�.

But our on-site reconstruction proves that if the kidnapper was already in the flat, as the McCanns fear, he had a full TEN SECONDS to conceal himself after hearing Gerry open the patio doors and enter the apartment.

Although if Gerry McCann moved slower than the NOTW’s estimated speed of 2.34 mph, the kidnapper might have had ELEVEN seconds, or perhaps even TWELVE seconds to hide.

But where to hide?

And he had no fewer than FOUR boltholes to choose from—behind Madeleine’s BEDROOM DOOR, inside her roomy WARDROBE, in her parents’ nearby BEDROOM or in the family BATHROOM.

What about under the BEDS, behind the CURTAINS, on the CEILING or in the SHOWER? Or in the BED?

If one year on, the News of the World found clues, surely the detectives could have established more AT THE TIME?

Clues. the NOTW has found doors and rooms. In one year of tabloid tales, much has been established.

The stillness and silence of the apartment now is just as it would have been after the McCanns left the children asleep in bed that fateful night.

All that can heard is the gentle click, click click of cameras, the sound of a reporter scrambling for a story and the trace of last night’s prawns in garlic butter…

IRISH INDEPENDENT: “Summer sun brings out first Bad Parent story�

“It’s hard to resist a little pain-free moral gloating sometimes, writes Eilis O’Hanlon.�

Like the first cuckoo of spring, the sighting of the first Bad Parent story of the summer is always a heartwarming, life-affirming event; and by a happy coincidence, the latest incarnation of this media phenomenon arrived bang on time, just as the weather started to hot up and our thoughts turned sunwards. At last we can say the holiday season has truly begun.

Normally, of course, it’s some foul-mouthed painted doxy from a sink estate in the north of England who hits the headlines after flying off to be with her Spanish waiter in the sun, leaving behind her gaggle of variously-fathered children in their council flat with only a tin of beans, the keys to the drinks cabinet, and Grand Theft Auto IV on the Playstation to occupy themselves until she gets home — if and when she can be bothered.

The Irish now see the English as the English once saw the Irish, albeit without the beer, bombs and potatoes.

The McCanns. The McGuckins.

The media phenomenon of the Bad Parent story, ritually trotted out to appease the secret guilt of other parents everywhere, is a curious one, no doubt about that. It can’t be much fun to be caught in the middle of the latest outbreak of media moralising, but it’s best just to put it down to experience and move on as quickly as you can.

THE SCOTSMAN: “McCanns ‘won’t mark’ Madeleine’s fifth birthday�

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said of the birthday: “Gerry will be at work and Kate will be at or around home. Sadly, for them it is just another day without Madeleine.�

http://www.anorak.co.uk/madeleine-mccan ... 1#comments

From comments on the web page:

Matt. Says:
May 11th, 2008 at 7:56 am

NOTW re Oldfield’s check….

“��It highlights the tragic but innocent error he made when he checked on the
children at 9.30pm while the McCanns were at the nearby tapas bar with the
other adults in the party����

How can a dereliction of duty be ever considered “an innocent error� ?
Allegedly…he himself opted to replace Dr K ’s “turn� to check the children.
Not to actually “check� is not innocent.

And what was his report to the “trusting� parents when he returned to the Bar ?

“Everythings fine…all three…of your’s….were sleeping snugly� ???

If he said such….why haven’t the “trusting� parents hauled him over the
coals about his betrayal of their trust.

After all…it isn’t that a wallet or credit card or suchlike “disappeared�.
It was, allegedly, a precious and much loved daughter who “vanished�.

Yet….they were all “so much into each other� according to Dr K.

What about the “That lying barsteward betrayed our trust..never checked
our lovely daughter as he opted to do…has let us and Madeleine down..we
hate him now and wonder why he didn’t actually check� ?

So Who was Oldfield a Bar Stewert from the tapa's bar???????????

I will have to do a little more digging into this!!!!!!!

Edit:

jo Says:
May 11th, 2008 at 9:31 am

Gloria Smudd

The British dogs, valued in million pounds for their unique expertness, smelled cadaver scent in Kate McCanns clothes; DNA of Madeleine was found in the Parents Rented Car and in the Apartment. What else is needed to urge the Home Office to bring the Tapas Group back to Portugal and explain in detail their actions in that night and the reasons for their very conflicting statements? Use Eurojust, if the Home Office doesn’t comply. I urge our leaders to Act Now as a Portuguese Citizens and to show that we do not lack Morals and indeed care for Children at Risk and Justice.
Its up again to Home Office

Gloria Smudd Says:

May 11th, 2008 at 9:06 am
jo, what makes you think they’ll be asked back to Portugal this week?
It is simple.They always use this strategy: spin something around while serious stuff is going on.
The reconstruction topic has been more or less,brushed under the carpet,same with the new hotline….
Before hand,there will be a announcement,saying the mccanns will answer the PJs “invite� to go to portugal for a reconstruction.
They cant avoid it.They left portugal at the condition they would go back to portugal if necessary.They agreed to this condition.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:36 pm

By Sky News SkyNews - 2 hours 39 minutes ago

Kate and Gerry McCann have to wait a week to see the police files on the Madeleine case, but a summary has already been leaked to a Portuguese website.

It explains why the couple were made arguidos... because of the "scent of death" detected by the cadaver dog and their own reluctance to answer police questions.

According to the leak, the dog found the smell of a corpse in the couple's bedroom at apartment 5a and behind a sofa in the living room.

The dog detected the same on Madeleine's soft toy Cuddle Cat and on the key fob in the family's hire car.

The police report says the couple were made arguidos "due to the slight possibility of connection to a corpse".

The second animal - a blood dog - found traces of Madeleine's blood behind the couch, on two items of Kate McCann's clothes and on the key fob and in the car boot, according to the leak.

It also says there was a DNA match to Madeleine's on samples taken from the car but later forensic results did not confirm that initial finding.

Robert Murat was made a suspect after a British Sunday newspaper reporter gave his name to police because of his "inquisitive" behaviour.

Suspicions were fuelled by friends of the McCanns who claimed he helped in the search for Madeleine on the night she vanished, contradicting his alibi that he was at his nearby home with his mother all night.

The report says detectives found no one else who saw him on the night and telephone wires and searches provided no evidence of his involvement.

In a fascinating glimpse of the kind of information fed to police, one witness said he had overhead Gerry McCann talking into his mobile phone in nearby Lagos and saying "please don't hurt Madeleine".

Detectives did cell site analysis on Gerry's phone and established he was elsewhere at the time. The witness was wrong.