Madeleine McCann

What the media are not saying
Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:47 pm

I HAVEN'T SAID MUCH ON THIS TOPIC. UNTIL NOW. I THINK THE PARENTS KILLED HER! NOT ON PURPOSE BUT THEY DID DISPOSE OF HER BODY. EITHER THEY WERE HAVING A FIGHT AND MADDIE BEING AT THE AGE SHE WAS GOT IN THE MIDDLE AND SHE GOT HURT BADLY OR THEY GIVE HER A SEDATIVE TO SLEEP SO THEY COULD GO OUT AND DRINK.

AND THIS IS WHY I HAVE POSTED FOR THE FIRST TIME ON THIS TOPIC! I READ IN THE SCUM (THE SUN TO YOUSE) IN THE EDITOR BIT THAT THE MCCANNS WHERE AN 'INSPIRATION' I S=-T YOU NOT. THAT IS WHAT THAT RAG HAD TO CALL TWO PARENTS WHO LEFT TWO 1 YEAR OLD TWINS AND A 3 YEAR OLD GIRL ALONE WHILE THEY WENT AND ATE AND DRANK! I HAVE A 4 YEAR OLD BOY AND IF I LEFT HIM ALONE SO I COULD GO FOR A BITE TO EAT AND DRINK I DON'T THINK MANY PEOPLE WHO KNOW ME (WELL I WOULD LIKE TO THINK SO) WOULD CALL ME 'AN INSPIRATION' FOR THAT! WHY IS THE PRESS PUTTING THESE IRRESPONSIBLE BASTARDS ON A PEDDLE STOOL???? STRANGE ONE THAT CAUSE IF IT WAS ME.............WELL I'M NOT A DOCTOR OR LAWYER SO GO FIGURE WHAT WOULD (AND RIGHTLY SO) BE SAID ABOUT ME BUT IT WOULD'NT BE WHAT THE MCCANNS HAVE GOT LET ME TELL YOU :hot :Smiley_explode:

AND FOR THE RECORD THEY REFUSED TO GO BACK TO PORTUGAL IN FEAR OFF BEING PUT IN PRISON. IF MY WEE BOY WENT MISSING LIKE THAT THEY COULD SEND ME ANYWHERE THEY LIKED IF IT HELPED TO GET HIM BACK. AND I WOULD BET MOST LOVING PARENTS WOULD DO THE SAME. WHAT'S THAT TELL YOU. SCUMBAGS THE PAIR OFF THEM
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:03 pm

Totally Agree with you, but PLEASE watch the language
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:58 pm

sorry about that. just how i feel about them and could not for the life of me think of a better word to use for them.................no actually I lie I can think of one and it's rhymes with hunts but starts with a c but fair comment and I'll watch it from now one :cool:

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:04 pm

No Problems my friend :avatar_51081: :Smiley_explode:

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:13 pm

Here's an interesting twist on things:

COMARE

Dr. Gerry McCann is a member of the medical subcommittee of COMARE (Committee on Medical Aspects of Radiation in the Environment ). The committee which controversially found no cancer clusters near nuclear installations contradicting previous findings and a recent major study in Germany. The chairman of COMARE is Professor A Elliott BA PhD DSc of the Western Infirmary Glasgow where Dr McCann worked and studied. Professor Elliott is also chairman of the Medical Practices Subcommittee of which Dr Gerry McCann is a member.

http://www.comare.org.uk/comare_members.htm

Both the McCanns worked at the Western Infirmary, Glasgow.

The McCanns met when both were junior doctors at the Western Infirmary, Glasgow, and when she left to work in New Zealand for a year he followed and won her heart.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1779638.ece

The big red flag about Dr McCann's membership of COMARE is that it was never mentioned in the press. It's a big story that the world's most famous criminal suspect is a member of an extremely important and controversial British government committee. It can only be a cover up because it is very easy to find that information on google.

Here is proof that GP McCann (as he isreferred to in the COMARE website) is indeed Gerry McCann

G. P. McCann was supported by a European Society of Cardiology clinical training fellowship, the East Midlands Heart and East Midlands Pacemaker Research Funds.

C. T. Gan was supported by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research, Mosaic grant, project 017.001.154.

1 Department of Cardiology, VU University Medical Center,Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

2 Present address: Department of Cardiology, Glenfield Hospital, Groby Rd., Leicester LE3 9QP, United Kingdom.
Address correspondence to G. P. McCann.

http://www.ajronline.org/cgi/reprint/188/2/349.pdf (PDF file)

Using a unique database (consisting of over 32,000 cases of childhood cancer that occurred in Great Britain between 1969 and 1993) COMARE studied the incidence of childhood cancer in the vicinity of all the major licensed nuclear sites (power stations and other nuclear installations) in Great Britain. Using the most appropriate statistical test for each site, we found no evidence of excess numbers of cases in any local 25 km area around any of the nuclear power stations.

http://www.comare.org.uk/press_releases/comare_pr10.htm

Higher cancer risk for children near nuclear power plants found in Germany

A new study on behalf of the Federal Office for Radiation Protection is the first study to show reliable results: the risk of children under 5 years of age to contract leukaemia increases the closer they live to a nuclear power plant. This is the result of an investigation of the German Childhood Cancer Registry (GCCR) in Mainz carried out on behalf of the Federal Office for Radiation Protection. The investigation concludes that in the study period from 1980 to 2003, within a radius of 5 km around the reactors, 37 children contracted leukaemia. On the statistical average, 17 cases would have to be expected. About 20 cases can thus be attributed to the fact that they live within this radius.

http://www.insnet.org/ins_headlines.rxml?id=5571&photo=

Gordon Brown and the McCanns

Clarence Mitchell reveals that Gordon Brown took a personal interest in the case and that there had been several conversations between the McCanns and Brown and foreign secretary David Milliband.

As the couple fight to clear their name, prime minister Gordon Brown spoke to his Portuguese counterpart Jose Socrates about Madeleine during an EU summit in Lisbon. Mr Brown has followed the case closely and was in direct contact with Mr McCann via mobile phone when he was still Chancellor.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...Madeleine.html

The British Government and Nuclear Energy

Brown calls for eight new nuclear plants (July 14 2008)
· New stations to be part of 'nuclear renaissance' ·

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...er.gordonbrown

Brown to endorse new generation of nuclear power

http://www.guardian.co.uk/nuclear/ar...d=networkfront

New Labour produced a White Paper in May 2007 called The Energy White Paper: Meeting the Energy Challenge:

www.dti.gov.uk/energy/whitepaper/page39534.html

The head of media relations at that EDF is a man called Andrew Brown who happens to be the Prime Minister's brother.

Profile: Shining from the sidelines - Andrew Brown, head of media relations, EDF Energy

Just as PRWeek begins to write up its interview with Andrew Brown, the Chancellor of the Exchequer's brother who joined EDF Energy last month, a power-cut temporarily wipes out the building's electricity.

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/227764/

Keep It In The Family, Gordon
What makes this decision politically sensitive, is that Gordon Brown has close family connections to the nuclear industry. His younger brother Andrew Brown works for EDF Energy, the UK subsidiary of EDF, which operates nuclear power stations in France, and which is one of the leading companies pushing for a nuclear rebuild programme in the UK. Andrew Brown was appointed as EDF Energy's Head of Press on 13 September 2004. Previously, he worked for the lobbying company Weber Shandwick.

One of Brown's key advisors is Ed Balls, whose father-in-law Tony Cooper is a long-standing nuclear lobbyist

http://www.nuclearspin.org/index.php/Gordon_Brown

EDF, the world’s leading nuclear power utility, operates a French nuclear fleet consisting of 58 reactors spread over 19 different sites

http://www.edf.fr/accueil-fr/edf-and...er-122172.html

EDF moves into UK with Notts power station
A first venture into contracting in this country by the French EDF group at the £600m gas-fired West Burton power station is being seen as a possible trial run for future bids to secure work on the expanding UK nuclear build programme.

http://www.contractjournal.com/Artic...r-station.html

British Energy close to sale deal

French energy firm EDF and British Gas owner Centrica are set to announce that they have bought UK nuclear firm British Energy, the BBC has learned.

The BBC's business editor Robert Peston said EDF and Centrica will probably announce early next week they are paying more than £12bn for the company.

British Energy, which owns eight UK nuclear power stations, has been on the auction block for months.

The deal could raise as much as £4bn for the Chancellor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7523498.stm

Richard Branson and nuclear energy

Virgin Fuels' ambitions stretch across the entire power-generation sector.

The company talks of investing in more ventures like Californian firm Cilion, which plans to make bio-ethanol fuel from corn. Wave power and wind farms are on the agenda, so is nuclear power.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5370972.stm

Virgin Fuels is already working with the government on a scheme to make it economic for train companies to use biodiesel. Virgin would also like to develop a biofuel suitable for aircraft engines, although it concedes this could be a decade away.

Branson is understood to be considering other big investments in a range of other alternative-energy technologies, including wind power, hydro-electric and possibly even small nuclear stations. “Nothing is off the agenda,� said a top Branson aide.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/article633948.ece

Another Brown connection with the McCanns.

A former Gordon Brown advisor is director of the PR company that worked for the McCanns - Nicola Murphy wo was special advisor in HM Treasury (just like Justine McGuinness) and later followed Gordon Brown to Parliament as his personal advisor until June 2007 - is Associate Director of Hanover PR Company, part of the media & PR Organisation of the McCann family.Hanover, a company set up by John Major's former press secretary, Charles Lewington, was in charge of handling contacts between media and the McCann family until Nover 22nd, when that job was transferred exclusively to Clarence Mitchell

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:46 pm

Gerry and Kate McCann Are Still Guilty!
By: Chris Freind, The Bulletin
07/02/2008

Well, it's official. Gerry and Kate McCann have become the Ramseys of Europe. Just as the Christmastime murder of six year old JonBenet Ramsey went officially unsolved, it appears that resolving the disappearance and probable death of five year old Madeleine McCann will suffer the same fate.

That is a terrible shame for three reasons.

First and foremost, a little girl is, in all likelihood, dead, and justice will not be served. The daughter of two British doctors, Madeleine disappeared from a Portuguese beachside resort in May 2007 while she slept. While statements have been made, ad nauseum, by Gerry, Kate and their vaunted PR machine that Maddy was kidnapped, there is absolutely no evidence to substantiate this claim. Of course, there wouldn't be any debate whether Maddy was in fact kidnapped if Gerry and Kate had exercised even a fraction of something called parenting. Which leads us to point # 2.

As "Freindly Fire" has stated emphatically in numerous columns, the McCanns are guilty, period. Of this, there is no doubt. They are possibly guilty of harming Madeleine, accidentally or otherwise, as many Portuguese investigators believe. But, at the least, they are definitely guilty of negligence and, the case can be made, of child abandonment.

You see, what the bought-and-paid-for British media simply glosses over is the fact that the McCanns left their three children, with a combined age of seven, alone in their resort room, at night, on numerous occasions that week. Call me crazy, but that's not just selfish, it's unconscionably irresponsible. They chose paella over the kids. Now I've been to the Algarve, and the paella there is even better than that in Spain, but it's not quite good enough that I would abandon my kids. If the McCanns had taken their children with them, brought a nanny from home, or used the resort's babysitting service, one thing is sure: Madeleine would not have disappeared that night.

But taking personal responsibility is not something the McCanns feel they have to do. It's hard to look in the mirror, so Gerry and Kate figured out that it's much easier to just blame everyone and everything else. Just listen to their spokesman, Clarence Mitchell: "If it's true the police are about to shelve this case, on the one hand that will be welcome because it means that Kate and Gerry will be seen to be the innocent couple that they are - they are innocent of any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance and have been since Day One - and this wrongly-imposed arguido (suspect) status must be lifted..."

Innocent of any involvement? Clarence, how do you sleep at night?

They are guilty and should be held accountable. Showing Gerry and Kate's "remorse" on television (and that remorse is debatable), still doesn't absolve them from their crimes. Why aren't they being charged, either in Portugal and/or Britain?

Probably because we don't like to punish celebrities. And the McCanns have created a huge cause celebre. Remember, these globe-trotting celebrities had an audience with the Pope, met with America's First Lady, and are seen as "ambassadors" for kidnapped children everywhere. If that's what it takes to become an international star, I'll be more than happy to remain obscure.

The royal treatment of the McCanns sends the horrendous message that it's OK to be negligent and greedy, even if it means exposing children to harm, as long as you have good barristers, lots of money, and the best marketing firms money can buy---especially if that money comes from well-wishers not familiar with the true facts of the case.

But worst of all, when leaders in our society welcome people like the McCanns with open arms instead of shedding light on their abhorrent behavior, it condones a mentality that breaking laws---whether laws of the state or laws of morality and common sense--- is acceptable, as long as you look good in front of a camera.

And who can forget the British media and its journalistic "integrity"? Not only did it blindly defend the McCanns and blame the Portuguese for everything, but it failed to conduct even a modicum of investigation to ascertain what really happened to Madeleine. Inconsistencies abound, both in media reports and in statements given by the McCanns and the friends they dined with that night. But hard-hitting questions and thorough research were, and still are, in short supply. To top it off, once the McCanns were named as suspects last September, the British media turned on them and all but pronounced their guilt. Now that charges will not be forthcoming, the tune has changed yet again. The McCanns were innocent all along!

Sticking a wet finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing is something that should be left to the politicians, but it has no place in the media.

As stated in the past, Freindly Fire has never accused the McCanns of killing their daughter, and they are entitled to the presumption of innocence in that regard until a court of law can prove differently. But not so with the negligence they have shown. For the sake of Maddy and all the other children potentially at risk because of such criminal behavior, the McCanns should be charged.

Anything less would be a disservice to Madeleine McCann.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:47 pm

A young, single, unemployed mum living on a large council estate left her 2 year old home alone to go on a night out.

Next door made a complaint to the police, the police broke in and recovered the kid, no harm had come to him/her, the kid was taken into social care and the girl got charged with something (neglect I think)

Shes just recently been taken to court for it, it was all over the local paper, she got 3 years, thats 3 years for leaving her kid home alone while she went out, she also said she had a friend looking after the kid while she was out, and didnt know how he/she came to be home alone.

My question is, Why havent the emotionally fragile joggers been charged with neglect. (this is a serious question)

I think this is a clear case of double standards, it makes a joke of the law and as a result I don't have much respect for the legal system.

single unemployed mum, has a friend looking after the kid, goes out, kid gets found alone covered in shit... she gets 3 years...

mccanns leave 3 kids on there own and have friends check on them every now and then, 1 kids gets taken and never found... and they get a new business out of it...

The mccanns need to be charged, they need to have the other 2 kids taken away and placed somewhere that will look after them properly, if not fuck them, and fuck the legal system and if you think they shouldnt, fuck you...

Homer

Post by Homer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:18 pm

Your bloody right there Basel McCann's get off with murder and the single parent get's three year's for the same thing B#s####s

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:37 pm

double standards indeed! bit like the cursing you do and i do it and i get told of!! (messing but now you know where my anger to curse on this thread came from) funny you mentioned the McCanns being celebs and this press doesn't like to slag celebs! thing you didn't mention was that one of the first things the McCanns did was hire self-styled PR guru Max Clifford. Maybe you didn't know this Basel but it's a fact that they did check up on it! just another nail in the coffin as far as the McCanns guilt goes as far as I'm concerned. British law always has been and always will be one law for one (the rich) and another for the other (the poor)

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:49 pm

and if anyone thinks that the British law system doesn't work this way and is fair here's a true story to make you think again. two fellas are in Downpartick crown court for arson, under the same Judge! Judge is called Gibson. one of the fellas has burned the Chinese restaurant that used to be down at the Newtownards flying club at the Portaferry road there, burnt down to the shell, think the estimated damage was near £750,000 . the other fella started a fire in a house in the glen estate in Newtownards , the fire bridge were on the scene in mins and the estimated damage was £1,800. being mostly smoke damage as real fire damage! well one of the fella's got 1 years probation and walked out of court the day of sentence. the other fella got 2 years jail and 1 and half year probation. now which would the think got the more severe sentence?! the one that burned a restaurant to the ground or the one who done smoke damage to the house? well one had a policeman as a father and one didn't have a policeman as a father so i'll let you make up you own mind on which fella got the harsher sentence for the same crime of arson! if anything they should have been the same sentence and maybe some would say that burning a building is worst than bit of smoke damage!

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:04 pm

Future Headline: McCanns Betray British People
Posted on 10 September, 2007 by Kevin Boatang

Now, this is a purely hypothetical headline based upon the events of this weekend. If, IF, Madeleine McCann’s parents did kill her, then this is what every tabloid in the UK would have on their front page. Why? Because they would be made to look stupid.

Being made to look stupid is something the British media can never allow, they are never wrong. However, in this case, have they really got it wrong? I’ve seen many articles saying the media have behaved like a pack of wolves over this whole incident, and they have, but the greater gain for the papers is sales. Sales by hyping up the whole affair, sales when the shock report comes, sales when the shock verdict comes.

The British people love the underdog, and what greater underdog is there ,understandably, than two parents searching tragically for their missing child in a foreign land against overwhelming odds? I don’t mean to sound crass, when this story broke everyone quite rightly felt enormous sympathy for the family, but it was this that was cynically managed by the media by, firstly, exploiting this basic trait. Secondly, they used the Brits abroad ploy. Here we see any Britain caught doing anything abroad automatically being innocent in the eyes of the press, purely because they are British and the foreigners are of course, foreign (let us not forget the Greek plane-spotter story). Seems obvious, but it links in with number three, xenophobia.

Maybe it stems from being an island race and having a natural fear of the invader, or maybe it’s just plain bigotry, the British have a tendency to slip into a bit of xenophobia every now and then. Especially the tabloids, they really love it. This has been a major tool in the McCann case, because if it had happened in this country, the perpetrator would have been caught in seconds flat, but because it’s Portugal (images of bumbling Latin waiters and sweaty policemen in big hats and shades for table one), they are rubbish. It’s nothing to do with the huge lack of evidence or witnesses, it is because they are Portuguese. And, oh dear oh dear, how dare these foreign chaps interview two British parents about such a crime, the very thought! The fact that the mother was the last person to see her daughter alive seems to be a rather large fact that is best left alone.

We can’t ignore the national mourn. Diana appeared to be the first, and ever since the British public just love a good wallow. Now, each of these incidents over the years is tragic, but it doesn’t require the entire nation to wear a ribbon and roll around the floor wailing. This is exploited to death by the mass media, campaigns are a speciality. Ribbons, posters, cut out and keep pictures for windows, silence at the football game, sporting stars on the telly, all as long as the copies fly off the shelves, and how can you say no? You can’t. Simple as that. The first football superstar to decline is vilified and his career will take years to recover. In the McCann case we see the Express have pretty much the same headline for a month, the Daily Mail keeps up its usual changing face routine (Did parents do it? Parents can’t have done it! Day after day) and the red tops go on and on and on until people can’t bare it anymore. The News of the World quite happily destroyed Robert Murat for being the main suspect, even though there was no evidence, for weeks, but he lives with his mum so he must have something wrong with him.

Lastly it is the perfect story. It is horrible to say it, but the cute blonde child going missing, whose parents are well off Doctors, is just too good for the editor to turn down. They couldn’t care less about the child. Over 80,000 children under 16 go missing for more than twenty days every single year in this country, ever here of any of them? No. Why? Because it doesn’t sell. The press hold out for that perfect incident, this time they got it. Child murders have stayed between 70 - 80 per year since the 1970’s, but they will happily make people feel that every tree is a rabid paedophile until every child in the country never leaves the house and is driven to and from school. Then it starts all over again.

In this instance, the press have got it right. When it comes to sales they have hit a jackpot with the Madeleine McCann story. They can target anyone they choose, they can spread the story to other areas such as Europe, DNA databases, crime in general, anything. They are fully aware that the logical suspicion would be upon the parents, but they hold out for that one, build up the story, attack people at will, ruin lives and reputations, then make the move. The sad story is that at the bottom of it all is a nation so willing to buy it, read it and believe it, completely unaware they are being manipulated by an editor with copy to sell.

And of course, the great shame is that an innocent child has had to suffer, almost certainly die, to provide that sensation. And next year it will happen again.

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:17 pm

having a wee chuckle to himself???? strange anyhow i think!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5jtmkXXv58&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5jtmkXXv58&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:21 pm

Da McCann having another good laugh at 2mins 40 seconds into this video. glad he see's the funny side anyhow! sure it's only ur daughter missing!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVUnMtW9ciI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVUnMtW9ciI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:39 pm

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNXqChAVCkY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNXqChAVCkY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MV4Ck61Favg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MV4Ck61Favg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Da McCAnn can't stop that smirk can he. start of the second vid here he shows contempt at the honest question the reporter asks him.

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 am

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SvdnzIGtf50&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SvdnzIGtf50&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>