What's happening with Castlebawn

Tell everyone whats going on around the area, Church, Gigs, showbands, Queens Hall etc,

Moderator: Ronski

Ronski
Ards Forum Reporter and Backbone

Post by Ronski » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:25 pm

They will be a shuttle bus running from the town out to the shopping centre just like the one they have at the moment Basel :1w :1w :1w :1w b1 b1 :1w :1w :1w
"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches..it's more like a jar of jalapeno's.

What you do today,might burn your arse tomorrow.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Interesting, How you getting it Mate?
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Ronski

Post by Ronski » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Common sense Basel and im sure they will be a free phone for a taxi ie: Castlebawn taxi's
"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches..it's more like a jar of jalapeno's.

Ronski

Post by Ronski » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:19 pm

The Fact's about Castlebawn construction

The scheme is being developed as part of the Newtownards Town Centre regeneration scheme and will feature below

a 300,000 sq ft Shopping Centre which will be physically integrated with the town centre,

342,000 sq ft of retailing,

a 116,000 sq ft Business/Office Park,

29,000 sq ft of Leisure units,

a petrol filling station and two car showrooms, and

an 80,000 sq ft Tesco store with associated retail units.

:1w :1w :1w :1w :1w b1 b1 b1 b1 b1 :1w :1w :1w drunck 1 drunck 1

Ronski

Post by Ronski » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:33 pm

A20 Newtownards southern relief road complete drunck 1 drunck 1 drunck 1 drunck 1 :1w :1w :1w :1w :1w :1w :1w b1 b1 b1 b1 b1 b1 :1w :1w :1w :1w

Status Construction scheme (completed)

Where Construction of a new bypass round the south of the town connecting the main A20 (Belfast road) to the A21 Comber Road and on to the A20 Portaferry Road.

Total Length 2.7km / 1.8 miles

Dates Scheme proposed for many years.

Funding announced 27 June 2005.

Construction originally due to begin late 2006.

Work officially began 2 April 2008 and due to last 52 weeks.

Road opened to traffic 30 July 2009.

Most works completed by mid September 2009 (5 months behind schedule).

Cost Varies from £7m to £20.5m depending on which DRD statement you read.

See note on Link Below for cost's etc and plenty of pic's

Partly funded by private developer of Castlebawn Retail Park.

Photos / Map See below

See Also General area map

Castlebawn web site, including map of eastern part of route.

See below for map of western part of route.

Frederick Street Link on this site.

Press Link Below For An Interesting Read And Pic.s ETC ETC

http://www.wesleyjohnston.com/roads/new ... nlink.html

:1w :1w :1w b1 b1 b1 :1w :1w :1w :po :po :po b1 b1 :1w :1w :1w ;-)

Ronski

Post by Ronski » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Council pushes Ards as planning inquiry priority Shock Horror

Belfast Telegraph

By Michael Bashford

Tuesday, 19 January 2010

A cross-party delegation from Ards Borough Council has met with the Planning Appeals Commission’s chief commissioner to discuss three major retail proposals in the town.

With decisions still outstanding on the proposed retail development at Ards Shopping Centre, Castlebawn and the town centre, the delegation met Marie Campbell “to stress the significance of moving planning decisions forward� on the three plans.

Councillor Angus Carson, chairman of the council’s development committee, said: “Well over five years has elapsed since the first of three strategic retailing applications proposed for Newtownards was lodged with the Planning Service. All three applications have been retained in an internal debate by the Planning Appeals Commission and the Planning Service since November 2008 and since then investment has been put on hold, with a resultant loss of jobs, revenue and visitors to the town and its wider environs.�

Derek McCallan, the council’s director of development, said: “As the cross- party delegation unequivocally told the chief commissioner, the town and the wider economy it supports, cannot be considered as anything other than a critical priority for both the Planning Service and the Planning Appeals Commission.�

A spokesman for the Planning Appeals Commission said: “We took on board the comments made by the delegation from Ards Borough Council. At present Ards is second on our list of major developments to be looked at behind Sprucefield in Lisburn.�

bang1 bang1 bang1 bang1 bang1 :1w bang1 bang1 bron bron b1 b1 b1 b1 b1 b1 b1 b1 b1 b1 bang1 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:54 pm

i new something like this was going to happen, you would be crazy to build anything in this current economic climate

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

Ronski

Post by Ronski » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:04 pm

Too true Basel but it is a must for the town :1w :1w b1 b1 b1 b1 :1w :1w

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Sorry but i beg to differ, the town centre will become a ghost town

Ronski

Post by Ronski » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Time will tell Basel lol face1

asma

Post by asma » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:28 pm

BASEL wrote:Sorry but i beg to differ, the town centre will become a ghost town

However, when Castlebawn is in full swing, and the Ards Shopping Centre is cleared away for social housing projects people on route to Castlebawn will still be attracted to those few up market shops on the High Street, and the excitement of the Saturday market bargains.

asma.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:34 pm

asma wrote:

However, when Castlebawn is in full swing, and the Ards Shopping Centre is cleared away for social housing projects people on route to Castlebawn will still be attracted to those few up market shops on the High Street, and the excitement of the Saturday market bargains.

asma.
Lol what up market shops are you referring to lol

asma

Post by asma » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:11 pm

BASEL wrote:
asma wrote:

asma.
Well there is one opposite the Old Cross that sells plastic containers with other cut price goodies, why even the locals could eat for a month from there cold weather payment. A little way furher down there is a few other shops which cater to the well shod pencil pushers, but, one really needs to take a stroll along the High Street to include the old world charm and a whiff of the freshly baked slim bread made from Comber spuds. Except for that all you need to do is find a parking spot, and avoid Herr Flick the traffic warden.

asma.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:02 pm

:lol :woo :basel brush: :smileystonedkk8:

Ronski

Post by Ronski » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:31 pm

asma wrote:
BASEL wrote:
asma wrote:

asma.
Well there is one opposite the Old Cross that sells plastic containers with other cut price goodies, why even the locals could eat for a month from there cold weather payment. A little way furher down there is a few other shops which cater to the well shod pencil pushers, but, one really needs to take a stroll along the High Street to include the old world charm and a whiff of the freshly baked slim bread made from Comber spuds. Except for that all you need to do is find a parking spot, and avoid Herr Flick the traffic warden.

asma.

:1w :po :po :1w :1w b1 Very funny indeed face1