Newtownards family assaulted and robbed

Share your news storys
BASEL
Site Administrator

Newtownards family assaulted and robbed

Post by BASEL » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:09 pm

14 March 2003

Detectives in Newtownards are appealing for information following the robbery and vicious assault of a family in their Co Down home last night.

At around 8.50pm, a woman who was leaving her home on the Bangor Road in Newtownards was pushed back into her kitchen and thrown to the floor by two masked men armed with a hammer and a handgun. On hearing her screams her husband entered the kitchen and he too was pushed onto the floor. The assailants then demanded money.

When the couple’s teenage son entered the kitchen he was struck on the head with a hammer and pushed to the floor. The three were then threatened by the intruders who again demanded money.

One of the intruders then ransacked the house while the second kept the family in the kitchen. All the phones in the house were pulled out and the cables were used to tie the hands and ankles of the family members.

The two men then left the house with a sum of cash, electrical items, jewellery, a mobile phone and the family car – a black BMW 330, which was later recovered in Conlig.

The family, who eventually managed to free themselves and raise the alarm, were taken to hospital where they were treated for their injuries.

Police have urged anyone with information to come forward.
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk