Site Administrator

Iraq war minutes stay secret

Post by BASEL » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Breaking News

Lubbock Death: Picture Of Missing Evidence
Iraq war minutes stay secret

25 mins ago
ITN

The minutes of meetings in which it was decided the UK would go to war with Iraq will not be made public after the Government vetoed their release. Skip
A move to have the minutes published had been made under the Freedom of Information Act.

But Justice Secretary Jack Straw said the potential damage caused by their publication "far outweighs" any potential public benefit and has vetoed the release of records from 2003 discussions because they would cause too much "damage" to democracy.

He added the decision to go to war had already been examined "with a fine-toothed comb" in several inquiries.

His decision is in stark contrast to moves from the Information Commissioner and Information Tribunal who agreed that key records should be disclosed.

For the Tories, Dominic Grieve backed the decision to block publication but said it left an "overwhelming case" for a full review into the Iraq invasion.
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:46 am

For the Tories, Dominic Grieve backed the decision to block publication but said it left an "overwhelming case" for a full review into the Iraq invasion.

So what's that meant to mean???? Oh does that mean if you vote for the tories then they'll look into it and let everyone know :please :hot
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:06 pm

Its this line that concerns me greatly

"But Justice Secretary Jack Straw said the potential damage caused by their publication "far outweighs" any potential public benefit and has vetoed the release of records from 2003 discussions because they would cause too much "damage" to democracy."

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Prob worried of riots when the people who voted for these lying scumbags mugged the voters off with lies and the crimes against humanity they have done while stealing oil....scumbags...more like they are worried they will be tried for crimes against humanity like that serb fella.

on a random note you know what I find strange and don't mean to sound trite about this really don't cause feel sorry for the lad.

David Cameroon the PM in waiting first born died this week. The currant PM Gordon Brown first born died...what are the odds of that? Really how many zeros at the end of that. Like say not making trite of it and feel bad for the kids that never got a chance but I find that STRANGE to say the least. Make of that what you will.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:20 pm

Feck are you sitting on my tail pipe, or did you just pull another all nighter

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:40 pm

naw went to bed early woke up around 3-5 then went back to bed for couple hours..night time tv sucks as bad as daytime tv...hell TV sucks full stop!

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:08 pm

lol