NICE FOR SOME

Share your news storys
Rossco
Roving Reporter

NICE FOR SOME

Post by Rossco » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:07 am

http://news.aol.co.uk/goodwin-pension-v ... 2204118391

I thought bank robbers got put away behind bars....guess not all :x :cl :hot :w hate pen:
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Your link is broken
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:20 pm

Wasn't when put it up this morning...it was about the former head of RBS (royal bank of Scotland) saying he was not or planning to give up his £650,000 pension a year even though he ran the bank like clown shoes (the clown shoes wasn't mentioned in the article right enough but hey thats how he ran it) So hench like I say bank robbers used to get banged up. gotta learn that handshake goddamit! drunck 1 :cool:

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:04 pm

This one:

Gordon Brown has voiced his "anger" over the £693,000-a-year pension awarded to the former boss of Royal Bank of Scotland Sir Fred Goodwin. Skip related

The Prime Minister described the pension as "unjustifiable and unacceptable" and said the Government is seeking legal advice on clawing back the cash.

He repeated his call for Sir Fred to voluntarily give up at least part of the money although the banker has already dismissed the suggestion as "not warranted".

With a second multi-billion pound bail-out potentially bringing the taxpayer's stake in RBS up to 95 per cent, anger at Westminster is growing over the generosity of the early retirement package.

Shadow chancellor George Osborne denounced the package as "obscene and unacceptable" and pointed the finger of blame at ministers.

"Either they did know and failed to act, or didn't know and failed to ask the right questions," he told MPs.

Liberal Democrat Treasury spokesman Vince Cable described Sir Fred's pension package as "a massive public spending increase, public wages, for which there is no justification whatever".

Sir Fred - known as "Fred the Shred" for his aggressive cost-cutting - said he had agreed to give up a year's salary which he was due in lieu of notice, as well as certain share-related awards, when he agreed to retire early as the Government stepped in to rescue the beleaguered RBS last October.

He told Lord Myners: "To voluntarily accept a reduction in a pension entitlement which has been built up over many years and in other employments in addition to RBS is not warranted."
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:42 pm

That could very well be the same guy...Fred there's no bread does not apply to him anyhow. Just his customers huh! bang1