its a holly holly holiday

Share your news storys
BASEL
Site Administrator

its a holly holly holiday

Post by BASEL » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:17 pm

Jacqui Smith is to resign from the Cabinet in a forthcoming reshuffle, a source close to the Home Secretary said. Skip related content
Related photos / videos
Home Secretary Jacqui Smith leaves 10 Downing Street

The source said she had been "hurt" by revelations about her expenses claims and spoke to Prime Minister Gordon Brown about her plans to stand down about two months ago.

The source said she was planning to defend her Redditch seat at the next general election.

In March, Ms Smith was humiliated by disclosures about husband Richard Timney's claims for adult films on her MPs' expenses.

She is also said to have bought him a £240 Apple iPhone on her office expenses. He is employed by her as an assistant.

She also billed taxpayers for her accountancy costs and £1,600 for three digital cameras and a camcorder over three years.

The source said: "She's been hurt by what's gone on and it's been a difficult couple of months for her."

Ms Smith was due to appear in the Commons on Tuesday afternoon, opening a debate on the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Bill.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090602/tu ... 23e80.html

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090602/tuk ... a1618.html

:ra :band :m2 :woo :bf :basel brush: :smileystonedkk8:
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:38 am

Auld bitch saw it coming.the wheels are well and truly of Browns bus this weekend! Prob fall of a cliff soon or something. Auld Gord goes a-bye-bye :big cry: :tissue: :sm
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light