Trade on tradition and reputation

Share your news storys
Ronski
Ards Forum Reporter and Backbone

Post by Ronski » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Retailers in Newtownards should continue to trade on their tradition and reputation, Ards Borough Council has said.

The call came after local toy retailer, Stewart Miller, scooped two major industry awards, beating stiff competition from national brands.

Councillor Angus Carson, chairman of the council’s development committee, said: “Newtownards has always been a thriving market town with a strong reputation for quality, long-established independent retailers.

Stewart Miller’s recent success, against national names from Disney to Argos, is proof that this area is continuing to meet the needs of contemporary shoppers, even in tough economic times,� he said.

Stephen Miller, managing director of Stewart Miller, highlighted the importance of being a familiar local trading name, while adapting to present market conditions.

He said: “Despite the current economic climate Stewart Miller has had a very successful year and we have invested in refurbishing two of our stores — Abbey Centre and Newtownards.

“We have a very loyal customer base and often parents who remember the excitement of coming to Stewart Millers as a child now bring their children to our stores to buy their toys. It is these customers who have helped us grow and win awards such as these.�

:1w b1 b1 b1 b1 b1 :1w :1w
"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches..it's more like a jar of jalapeno's.

What you do today,might burn your arse tomorrow.

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Good on Stewart Millers, But hey get the "square parking sorted out before a kid gets killed Angus"
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Ronski
Ards Forum Reporter and Backbone

Post by Ronski » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:48 am

Right on there Basel, rermember's me of the thread White van versus kid's lol :1w :1w b1 b1 b1 :1w :1w
"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches..it's more like a jar of jalapeno's.

What you do today,might burn your arse tomorrow.