Local Chippy

Have your say on topic's that might be affecting you and the Town

Moderators: Lynn_D, mstewart27

cyberjack
Mr Buckfast

Post by cyberjack » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Chip shop food used to be a cheap , convienient, tasty , no hastle alternative to making or eating lunch or dinner.. now it is becoming an absolute luxury.. never thought i'd see the day when the price of a humble chip was nearing 2 quid ! ( the portions have def got smaller as well !) .. i have also noticed that the prices for all food in these places have rocketed in the last year or so
( universally ) .. also, pricewise these chip shops are all in cahootz ( i think we are paying bangor prices here in newtownards ) ...it seems to me that they will eventually price themselves out of the fast food market ..people instead of buying a fish supper for nearly a 5er can go to burger king or kfc or micky dees ( all of which is equally as unhealthy as chip shop food ) and get a meal or indeed get a chineese / indian meal for your 5er.. i for one ,will be boycotting them ( chip shops) untill they wise up with their portions and their prices!.
.....just because you are paranoid does'nt mean that no-one is following you !...

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Heres one for you, i was in caffollas on saturday 1 slice of toast is .70p now my maths was never that good lol but that makes the profit on 1 loaf of bread £27.00
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:26 am

NICE!!!! While more and more people go on the breadline (so-to-speak) well always say and stick by it...vote with your feet when it comes to shops. If they are taking the p--s then go to another shop or cafe or whatever. Like to try and support the local cafe, chip etc but if they aren't going to even try and support the local punter and take the hand then to hell with them. Way things are it wouldn't be long till they have to shut up shop cause this recession isn't going to end any time so...mores the pity. Sad that local chippy s are pricing themselves out via greed. Hate McDonald's food personally and the company because as Stephen King once wrote 'the McDonald's sign is the giant tits of American' lol like that one me, but I can understand why alot of people go because of the price. Local chippys really need to wind they neck in a bit FFS £1.90-£2.00 for a chip in deed. I can get a 5ib bag of spuds for cheaper in a shop and the chippy man is getting 5kg bags for i'd guess around £6 give or take so what is that profit margin. I always thought yes you went into business to make money but there is profit and then there is greed.

p.s.-when I was over in London for footy match last year I wanted a fish supper....could I find a chippy...could I feck! Every other type of food you could think off but a chippy...you're having a laugh. Makes me wonder if they priced themselves out over there and people just started using Chinese,Indian etc. Maybe food for thought to local chip shop owners here....
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:18 am

ok the cost of raw materials for chip shops must be steep enough but all i see is greed everywhere i look, the problem with this and it echo's everywhere in the service industry is that once the prices go up they will never come down, up untill last year it used to be millions of pounds now its billions and believe me it is all by design.

And i do not think it will be better for us or the Americans, do you know that all of Obamas staff are all connected to wall street, he said that they would out of Irag in six months now its 23 months with alot of people stating that again they will never leave, and he has added another 30,000 troops to the poppy country, i only mention as British and American interests are now practicably the same. And why has a country the size of Britain given the banks nearly as much money as the americans have, seriously whats going on here is the questions you should all be asking yourselves.

How about a country of are own Northern Ireland based on the isle of man where we can tell these eurocrates where they can stick it, and give the choice back to the people

Just my two cents, rant over lol
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

Rossco
Roving Reporter

Post by Rossco » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:17 pm

I always have and always will be for Northern Ireland to become it's own country (in the real sense) not part of Britain or Ireland. Get a new flag and Athem the whole lot. Only problem is funding the thing though. Sure like you say The Isle of Man can do it so there has to be ways. As for the banks...it's all one big con job...sure the goverment can print of as much money as they want...it's just paper at the end of the day...but it's the banks who add intrest etc etc etc...one big con job!
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light